HOW TO TAKE THE HO-HUM OUT OF YOUR HOLIDAY MOBILE EMAIL MARKETING
Retailers are under pressure to create winning email marketing campaigns this holiday season and claim their share of NRF’s predicted $602.1 billion in sales throughout November and December. The mobile channel in particular continues to hold significant growth potential for retailers. Juniper Research forecasts mobile commerce transactions will exceed $3.2 trillion by 2017.
Yet many retailers are missing the mark when it comes to mobile email marketing, according to a study commissioned by email marketing provider Campaigner. Released earlier this year, the study found several reasons why consumers find promotional emails “ho-ho-hum:”
- Poor mobile design and user experience (41 percent)
- Irrelevant or non-personalized content (24 percent)
- Too much text or hard-to-read text (15 percent)
- Difficulty when responding to offers (10 percent)
- Offers that are not mobile friendly (9 percent)
- Tedious scrolling (8 percent)
To help retailers combat these issues, we talked to Seamas Egan, Manager of Revenue Operations for Campaigner, about how to create compelling mobile emails. He sees many of Campaigner’s retail clients focused on improving common metrics including open rates and click-through rates. While these measurements are important, Seamas emphasized that the biggest secret to email marketing success is knowing your customers.
Take a listen to our interview for ideas on building a stronger list, better targeting your audience, crafting compelling content, creating more shareable offers, and measuring results. You can also read the transcript.
- 1:06 About the survey
- 3:29 The most common mistakes retailers make in their email marketing campaigns
- 5:32 Best practices for mobile email marketing
- 7:03 What makes for great email content
- 9:46 How retailers can build better customer relationships offline
- 11:38 Good open rates and click-through rates retailers should target for holiday email marketing
- 13:14 How frequently retailers should email their base
- 15:02 How retailers can get more email marketing advice