TAIL-END OF HOLIDAY SEASON LOOKS BRIGHT FOR THE DOGGIE BAG STORE OWNER
Store owner Sherrie Ammirato with her dog, Jessie
Sherrie Ammirato is used to seeing dozens of furry tails when dog owners bring their four-legged friends into her Doggie Bag store to shop for doggie treats, toys, and apparel. But this week, she's also paying close attention to the tail-end of the holiday shopping season in the run-up to Christmas.
We interviewed her about how the holiday season is going for her store in the Country Gables shopping center, one of Kimco's properties in Granite Bay, Calif. (Sherrie also recently opened a second store in Roseville, Calif.)
She shared some ways she's driving traffic to her store, including insight into her couponing, email marketing, and promotional gift card strategies.
Sherrie also told us how she's using the Doggie Bag's Facebook and Twitter pages to connect with her customers and drive traffic. And she gave some advice for other retailers on what to do-as well as what not to do-to increase sales this holiday season. Hit play to listen in, or click on a specific timestamp using the index below to jump to a certain topic.
- 0:55 Background on The Doggie Bag
- 2:24 How the holiday season is going for The Doggie Bag
- 5:14 How Small Business Saturday went for the store
- 6:37 How Sherrie is driving traffic to her store this holiday season
- 8:14 How Sherrie is using social media to drive traffic to her store
- 10:38 Sherrie's #1 tip for driving store traffic
- 11:41 Sherrie's thoughts on the biggest mistake retailers can do to hurt their sales
- 12:30 Sherrie's overall outlook on the holiday shopping season
If you prefer reading over listening, here's the transcript to our interview as well. And be sure to scroll down for more photos.
What are your thoughts on Sherrie's approach to driving traffic to her store? For all pet store owners and managers, what are some ways you drive traffic to your store that's unique to your category?
The Doggie Bag interior
The Doggie Bag holiday coupon
Jessie poses with Doggie Bag toys
This has been an installment of StoreFront, an interview series with leaders of successful retail businesses. For more interviews, visit the StoreFront page. To learn how you can be featured, email us. We’d love to hear from you.