Last Updated On: January 2, 2020
When you contact us in relation to employment opportunities at KRC or one of our affiliates or properties, we collect certain information as part of the recruitment process (and if successful, your employment). You can learn more about this in our separate Candidate Privacy Notice or employee privacy notice (available via private intranet to workforce only).
1. Personal Information Collection
We have collected and may continue to collect personal identifiers including name, mailing address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, telephone number and other similar identifiers. In some situations we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with some personal identifiers. For example, we may ask you for this type of information when you sign up to receive emails or newsletters from us, to attend an event, provided by us from time to time, or contact us via the Website (in which cases we will collect information such as name, email address, organization, zip code, job title, telephone number(s), details of your comment or query.
We also collect certain information using automated technologies, such as which pages of a Website you access, which web browser you use, and other Website usage metrics.
At other times, KRC may collect anonymous or aggregated information that cannot be used to directly identify a natural person. This information may include statistical information about the types of classes of users on our Website. For example, we may aggregate non-identifying information, such as the number of visitors to a particular area of the Website. KRC will not use aggregated information in a way that can be linked directly back to individuals. This information may be provided to us by our advertising partners and third-party Service Providers (defined below).
2. How KRC Collects Personal Information
KRC may also collect additional information from your web browser each time you visit our Websites. We may collect information on the pages that you visit, the promotions or advertisements that you click on, and other actions that you take while using our Website. This information may include your Internet Protocol ("IP") address or Media Access Control ("MAC") number, the type of browser, the time that your browser was used to access our Website, and the referring website address.
Our Service Providers (defined below) may also use other standard web-based technologies to analyze your movements while accessing our Website or retail properties. The technologies may include, without limitation, web "beacons," "pixel tags," "clear gifs." These technologies help us ascertain the effectiveness of our promotional programs, allow us to customize the services offered on or through our Website and shopping centers and residential properties, and help determine the best use for Website content, and service offerings. Some of this information, including the IP address, may be stored on our Service Provider’s server logs, and may be available for extended periods of time.
We may collect and process information relating to you as an individual (whether as a Website user or representative of one of our current, past or potential tenants) when you conduct business with Kimco as, or on behalf of, a tenant or prospective tenant, or as, or on behalf of, a vendor, supplier, consultant, professional adviser or other third party ("Tenant, Vendor or Business Partner Data"). We collect and maintain records of the name, business phone numbers, business address, photograph of our tenants including for the purposes of attendance at or participation in any Kimco events. We may also have financial information (such as financial account information about individuals connected to a particular commercial tenant) or property ownership information relating to such individuals if needed to take payment or fulfil contractual obligations or for due diligence or related purposes.
In connection with our leasing operations, we may receive personal information from third party sources such as background or credit check databases, employers, and other parties in the real estate sector such as real estate agents or brokers or financial institutions. Before any such checks are performed, we will confirm that the pertinent third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
3. Our Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
KRC may use your personal information as follows:
- Respond to your inquiries or feedback (for example, if you’ve asked a question or submitted feedback via the site)
- Provide you with information about KRC, its real estate holdings, or other information you have requested or which we feel may interest you, unless you tell us otherwise
- Perform contracts entered into between you (or your employer) and us
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features of the site
- Notify you about changes to the Website or other non-promotional activities
- Provide you with information, newsletters, or other information about our company or business where you’ve consented to receive by providing your contact information for this purpose
- Ensure Website content is presented in the most effective manner for the device you’re accessing it from
- Undertake data analytics to learn more about how you and others interact with our Websites and with our advertising
- Detect and prevent misuse or abuse of this Website or KRC in its business
KRC may share your information with other Kimco companies and also with any of our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services ("Service Providers").
KRC may also disclose your personal information as is necessary to: (a) comply with a subpoena or court order; (b) cooperate with law enforcement or other government agency; (c) establish or exercise our legal rights; (d) protect the property or safety of our company and employees, contractors, vendors, and suppliers; (e) defend against legal claims; (f) help with internal and external investigations; or (g) as otherwise required by law or permitted by law. We may disclose your information in connection with the sale or merger of KRC or any transaction that involves the sale or assignment of some or all of our assets.
4. Data Storage and Security
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization and affiliated companies. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
5. Children and Data Collection
This Website is a public website that is viewable by anyone without restriction. However, KRC’s Website content is neither directed toward minors nor children who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If KRC becomes aware that a minor or a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. Parents who have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child or on behalf of a child under the age of 13 should email us at email@example.com.
6. How You May Access and Change the Information that KRC Collects; Opting out
You may request to review your information at any time and make changes, corrections, or deletions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each commercial e-mail that we send to you will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of continuing to receive such messages. We may take up to ten (10) business days to process your opt-out requests. In some instances, we may have already shared your information with one of our authorized third parties before you changed your information preferences. In those cases, you may have to directly contact those third parties to opt-out of receiving their communications.
7. General Information and Privacy Support Contact
Correspondence may be directed to our Vice President of Security and Infrastructure. Contact information for KRC is as follows:
Kimco Realty Corporation
500 North Broadway
Jericho, NY 11753
Additional Terms for Certain California Residents
This Addendum explains how the legal entities listed above collect, use, and disclose personal information relating to California residents covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"). This notice is provided pursuant to the CCPA. Please note that the rights described below are not absolute, and that exceptions may apply, particularly in light of the very limited nature of our collection or use of consumer information.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Over the past 12 months, we or our affiliates may have collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information from or about covered California consumers:
- Identifiers, including their names, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, home or business mailing addresses, MAC addresses, and IP addresses.
- Internet or other electronic activity information, including information about which pages of our Websites they access, which web browsers they use, Website usage metrics, clickstream data, the promotions or advertisements they click on, the time that their browsers were used to access our Website, and the referring website addresses through which they reached our Websites. We collect this information directly from the devices which access our Websites.
- Geolocation data, including information about location at the zip code level, which we derive from IP address, and which is collected directly from the connecting device.
- Professional or employment-related information, including the places of employment. We collect this information directly, for example, on the online forms expressing interest in leasing from a Kimco entity.
We collect California residents’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve the Websites and their functionality;
- To contact them via mail, email, or messaging in order to give them updates about KRC’s special events, new services, or other KRC promotions or commercial leasing opportunities that may be of interest to them;
- For security and verification purposes, including to prevent and detect fraudulent activity;
- To address and remediate technical issues and bugs.
We disclose personal information to the following types of entities:
- Other companies that provide services on our behalf who are prohibited by contract from retaining, using, or disclosing personal information for any purpose other than for providing the services to us;
- Regulators, judicial authorities, and law enforcement agencies;
- Entities that acquire all or substantially all of our business.
In the past 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information of California residents within the meaning of "sold" in the CCPA.
Rights under the CCPA
If a person is a California resident and the CCPA does not recognize an exemption that applies to them or their personal information, they have the right to:
Request we disclose to them free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding their request:
- the categories of personal information about them that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting personal information about them;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about them and the categories of personal information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about them; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about them;
- Request we delete personal information we collected from them, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising their rights including providing a different level or quality of services or denying goods or services to them when they exercise their rights under the CCPA.
We aim to fulfill all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If necessary, extensions for an additional 45 days will be accompanied by an explanation for the delay.
How Certain California Residents Can Exercise Their Rights
A California resident for whom the CCPA applies may exercise their rights, if any, with respect to their personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. Or, they may mail a request to: Director of Security and Infrastructure, 500 North Broadway, Suite 201, Jericho, NY 11753.
Kimco Realty Corporation ("KRC", "our", "we") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any information that you provide to us through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the KRC communications platform during the recruitment process (collectively the "Candidate Portal").
The types of data we receive and how we use it
- Information you provide as part of your application. This includes information you provide when you use the Candidate Portal such as your username, name, contact information, work experience, and educational qualifications. At your option, we may collect characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race or gender).
- Information from third parties. We receive information from third parties in connection with your application, such as recruiting firms, your past employers, and references you provide, which we use to evaluate your application and verify your credentials. For instance, external recruiters may (with your consent) provide us information about you if you express to that recruiter an interest in one of our postings.
How we use your information
We use the information you provide as follows:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communicating with you about potential employment at KRC or one of its affiliates;
- Making improvements to our processes including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
How we share your information
We share your information with companies who perform services on our behalf. These companies are prohibited from retaining, using, or sharing your information for any purpose other than providing their services to us. These categories of recipients include portal providers, IT service providers, and background check providers.
KRC implements and maintains reasonable security measures to protect the information submitted to us from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable, and there is no completely secure or error-free method of data transmission over the Internet. As such, KRC cannot and does not guarantee the security of your information, nor can KRC guaranty that information you provide won't be intercepted while being transmitted to KRC over the internet or other networks.
Changes to this policy
We will post any future changes to this policy on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments regarding this policy or our information practices. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at:
Kimco Realty Corporation
500 North Broadway
Jericho, NY 11753